Closing, Title & Escrow Services
Closing, Title and Escrow Services
The real estate practice group at Olive Judd offers a complete range of residential and commercial closing, title and escrow services for our clients. Our firm is an authorized agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company and Chicago Title Insurance Company, two of the nation’s highest-rated title insurance underwriters. As such, we can assist our clients with real estate transactions throughout the State of Florida and nationwide.
From straightforward, relatively small transactions to complex commercial closings, our Fort Lauderdale closing attorneys have the skill and experience you need to navigate the closing process. If you’d like to learn more about our firm and how we can help, contact us online or call us at (954) 334-2250 to schedule a consultation.
Who Our Real Estate Attorneys Represent
We have experience representing both buyers and sellers in real estate transactions in the following contexts:
- Private parties
- Institutional and private lenders
- Private parties
- Corporate entities
Whomever we represent, our real estate attorneys understand that your goals are unique and we make sure that our services are custom-tailored to meet your needs.
Closing, Title, and Escrow Services That We Provide
Our Fort Lauderdale closing attorneys have many years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, institutional and private lenders, real estate investors and developers with their closing, title, and escrow needs, from contract to close, including:
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts for purchase and sale;
- Examination of title and preparation of title insurance commitments;
- Assisting clients with examination and interpretation of due diligence investigations;
- Coordination of environmental and property inspections;
- Examination of third-party title documentation, such as estoppel letters, municipal lien and permit searches and surveys;
- Identification and resolution of title issues and other impediments to closing;
- Reviewing and negotiating loan documents;
- Preparation of seller financing documents;
- Preparation of closing settlement and disclosure statements; and
- Issuance of owner’s title insurance policy and lender title insurance policy.
We are a full-service real estate closing firm. Should the need arise, we can work with other members of the firm to address every aspect of your transaction to ensure that your closing goes smoothly.
Experienced Fort Lauderdale Closing Attorneys
Our real estate attorneys have extensive experience in all types of real estate transactions, from simple and straightforward to complex commercial transactions. Here are some examples of some of the closings we’ve handled:
- Closing the largest construction loan in Broward County at the time involving multiple re-insurance underwriters;
- Negotiation and closing of synthetic financing transactions for multinational companies;
- Coordination of simultaneous commercial closings involving nationwide corporations for development projects;
- Foreclosure of mezzanine financing in order to restructure project ownership and successful completion of the project.
Additionally, our team has in-depth experience handling developer closings for large condominium and townhome projects. Our closing attorneys have the experience to meet almost any of your real estate needs.
Tax Planning for Your Real Estate Needs – 1031 Exchanges
Our Fort Lauderdale closing attorneys also have an extensive understanding of tax-deferred exchanges under the Internal Revenue Code Section 1031. Real estate transactions can potentially result in a significant tax obligation that can impact the economic benefits you hope to achieve. We work closely with our clients and their qualified intermediaries to make certain that an exchange is properly structured to avoid a taxable event.
Our attorneys will also make sure you understand any other tax implications that will result from your transaction in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises. If needed, we can also work closely with attorneys in our estate planning practice group to ensure that your transaction is consistent with your estate planning goals.
Anticipating Issues and Removing Obstacles
When it comes to real estate closings, we understand that time is of the essence. Being able to close your transaction on time is critical to achieving your personal and financial goals. Our Fort Lauderdale closing attorneys closely review your transaction to anticipate any potential issues and resolve them before they are a problem. Here are some of the issues that we routinely help our clients resolve:
- Maintenance and materialman’s liens
- HOA and condominium liens
- Chain of title issues and other title defects
- Financing issues
- Zoning and development issues
- Easement, right of way, and license issues
- Unpaid taxes and tax liens
- Restrictive covenants
Once our real estate closing attorneys have identified the problem, we work with you to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We work with sellers, creditors, and municipal authorities to clear these issues so that you can complete your transaction as soon as possible.
Contact a Real Estate and Closing Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
From the initial property due diligence to the preparation of documents and representation at closing, our firm is committed to fully meeting the needs of our commercial and residential real estate clients. The Fort Lauderdale closing attorneys in our real estate practice group work in tandem with attorneys throughout the Firm to help clients resolve any problems or challenges that may arise along the way, including complex land use, development, and zoning issues. This comprehensive approach helps to ensure that the goals of our clients are fully met and their transactions close on time. Call us at (954) 334-2250 or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation to discuss how Olive Judd can meet your real estate needs.