Closing, Title & Escrow Services
The real estate practice group at Olive Judd offers a complete range of residential and commercial closing, title and escrow services for our clients. The Firm is an authorized agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company and Chicago Title Insurance Company, two of the nation’s highest rated title insurance underwriters. As such, we are able to assist our clients with real estate transactions throughout the State of Florida and nationwide.
Our attorneys have many years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, institutional and private lenders, real estate investors and developers with their closing, title and escrow needs, from contract to close, including:
• Negotiation and preparation of contracts for purchase and sale;
• Examination of title and preparation of title insurance commitments;
• Assisting clients with examination and interpretation of due diligence investigations;
• Coordination of environmental and property inspections;
• Examination of third party title documentation, such as, estoppel letters, municipal lien and permit searches and surveys;
• Identification and resolution of title issues and other impediments to closing;
• Reviewing and negotiating loan documents;
• Preparation of seller financing documents;
• Preparation of closing settlement and disclosure statements; and
• Issuance of owner’s title insurance policy and lender title insurance policy.
Our attorneys have an extensive understanding of tax deferred exchanges under the Internal Revenue Code Section 1031. We work closely with our clients and their qualified intermediaries to make certain that an exchange is properly structured to avoid a taxable event. Our experience includes closing the largest construction loan in Broward County at the time involving multiple re-insurance underwriters; negotiation and closing of synthetic financing transactions for multinational companies; coordination of simultaneous commercial closings involving nationwide corporations for development projects; foreclosure of mezzanine financing in order to restructure project ownership and ultimate successful completion of the project. Additionally, our team has in-depth experience handling developer closings for large condominium and town home projects.
From the initial property due diligence to the preparation of documents and representation at closing, our firm is committed to fully meeting the needs of our commercial and residential real estate clients. The attorneys in our real estate practice group work in tandem with attorneys throughout the Firm to help clients resolve any problems or challenges that may arise along the way, including complex land use, development, and zoning issues. This comprehensive approach helps to ensure that the goals of our clients are fully met and their transactions close on time.